By Patrick Vermette
The authors of this ebook speak about polyurethanes utilized in numerous biomedical functions. Polyurethanes shape a wide relatives of polymeric fabrics with a huge variety of chemical compositions and homes the big variety of houses that may be accomplished with polyurethane chemistry has attracted the eye of builders of biomedical units who see promise within the mechanical flexibility of those fabrics mixed with their excessive tear power.
Read or Download Biomedical Applications of Polyurethanes (Tissue Engineering Intelligence Unit) PDF
Best inorganic books
This quantity covers a variety of actual points of a variety of rare-earth fabrics. Magnetic phenomena dominate the contents of the 1st 4 chapters which take care of skinny movies and layered buildings, and intermetallic and nonmetallic compounds. the remainder chapters care for coherent emission and digital constitution calculations of lanthanide molecules.
Instantly from the frontier of clinical research . . . development in Inorganic Chemistry Nowhere is inventive medical expertise busier than on the earth of inorganic chemistry. And the revered development in Inorganic Chemistry sequence has lengthy served as a thrilling show off for brand new study during this region.
- New Trends in Synthetic Medicinal Chemistry
- Theoretical Modeling of Inorganic Nanostructures: Symmetry and ab-initio Calculations of Nanolayers, Nanotubes and Nanowires
- Progress in Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 59
- The physics of block copolymers
- Cluster Chemistry: Introduction to the Chemistry of Transition Metal and Main Group Element Molecular Clusters
Additional resources for Biomedical Applications of Polyurethanes (Tissue Engineering Intelligence Unit)
Gas plasma sterilization113,115 is a dry, low-temperature process.
21. Affrosman S, Barbenel J, Forbes C et al. Surface structure and biocompatibility of polyurethanes. Clinical Materials 1991; 8:25-31. 22. Takahara A, Takahashi K, Kajiyama T. Effect of polyurethane surface chemistry on its lipid sorption behavior. J Biomater Sci Polymer Edn 1993; 5:183-196. Synthesis, Physicochemical and Surface Characteristics of Polyurethanes 21 23. Takahara A, Tashita J, Kajiyama T et al. Microphase separated structure, surface composition and blood compatibility of segmented poly(urethaneureas) with various soft segments components.
28,39-45 Avcothane™ was used clinically in the first intra-aortic balloon pump (IAB) starting in about 1971. ). 17 Avcothane™ and Biomer™ appeared at that time to possess a combination of thromboresistance, biostability and flex life that was sorely needed to make cardiac assist devices safe and efficacious. Prior to their introduction virtually no other polymers had the required property profile, a factor which impeded progress in the development of IABs, ventricular assist devices and the artificial heart during the 1960s.
Biomedical Applications of Polyurethanes (Tissue Engineering Intelligence Unit) by Patrick Vermette